Slight Addiction


Although it's slightly embarrassing, I have come to terms with the fact that our 15 year old boy, Zac, is addicted to The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

He got giddy this morning when he realized that "Bachelorette-Men Tell All" was recorded, and that after he led a team of boys at VBS, he would be able to watch the show.

At the beginning of each season, he comes in to tell me who he thinks the bachelor or bachelorette is going to choose. I force myself to watch one episode, and throw around my opinion of who will be chosen, just to compete.I am typically off by a mile.

Zac's addiction began earlier in the year when his friends, four girls, would stand around at school talking about the show. Since he often felt left out of the conversation he decided to watch the show in order to keep up with the banter. After one episode, Zac was hooked.

It comes as no surprise then that his anticipation for tonight's finale has him planning his evening around the show. He is smitten. I can appreciate the fact that when he has a steady girlfriend or gets married, they can watch girly shows and he won't roll his eyes during the program or sneak in texting his friends. He will actually look forward to the viewing.

Today, our son walked to Target to purchase some goods. When he got home he told me that he loved shopping. Oh my. He is going to be the highlight of some girls' life. Not only does he watch the Bachelor/Bachelorete but he also loves shopping.

What a catch.

I hope that all the girls know that he isn't allowed to marry until he is 40, okay, 30. And, for what it's worth, he thinks that Ashley is going to choose J.P. I couldn't even tell you who J.P. is.

Comments