Still and Quiet

I am shocked that I haven't talked about the fact that my three youngest, all boys, have been in The Great State of Ohio (I have been forced to say that now) since August 17 with my mom.

I'm guessing that I have kept from boasting about my lack of schedule, and feeling whimsical and free, would send my mind into a frenzy of guilt. Ah heck, let's call a spade a spade. I have deeply enjoyed the still and quiet days. Sure, I miss them terribly, but having alone time has been so pleasant.

My teenage girl, who loves to hang out in her cave called a bedroom, eats breakfast at 11:00 a.m., figures out lunch at 3, and begins with questions about dinner at 7:00. She really is, no hassle.

My husband and I have been on a second honeymoon, borrowing a friends home at the beach for a couple of days, enjoying date nights at the movies, and filling the void from chatter and chaos with sweet conversations, hand holding, and quiet nights reading in bed. Ahh.

The boys return on the 24th. I look forward to their return and hope that they are missing me as much as I am missing them. Until then, I will write, listen to music, have dinner whenever I want to, stay up late, and enjoy the still and quiet.

This too, shall pass.

Comments