He Never Sleeps In

My nine year old never sleeps in. When he goes to bed at 6:00 p.m., he wakes up at 6:00 a.m. When he goes to bed at 9:30 p.m., he wakes up at 6:00 p.m. If napping was still acceptable, he would be the perfect napper.

He falls asleep on the way to church on Saturday nights. If I have to drive my daughter to church after school during the week, he falls asleep on the way home. If he goes to a major league baseball game in the evening, he falls asleep during the game.

Saturday night was man night. My husband took the two little kids out to dinner and milk shakes for dessert. They got home at 9:30 p.m. I had no doubt that my son would be exhausted, but hoped that this time he would sleep in.

The next morning my son woke up at 5:55 a.m. Ugh!

I put to bed at 7:00 p.m. that night and do you know what happened? He slept in. Nice. He woke up at 6:55 a.m. and of course it was a school day. He slept for nearly 12 hours!

I wish that my son can get his biological clock together. Perhaps he will when he is a teenager. I can wait.

Comments