You are in Big Trouble!

Although I say it often I really have no idea what I am talking about. You see, I am the parent that has "big trouble" with follow through.

"If you don't listen to your brother while I am gone, you're going to be in big trouble!"

"If this room isn't picked up before Trent leaves, You're going to be in big trouble!"

"If you call him a big fat liar again, you will be in big trouble!"

"The next time you scream at your brother, you're going to be in big trouble!"

Note the exclamation points? I sound like I mean business, don't I?

What is big trouble? How does big trouble look? Great question.

Perhaps I have never gotten to the "big trouble" stage so I have never had to consider how it looks, or maybe I have gotten there and just let it go out of sheer laziness. I never claim to be a parenting expert. I used to be, and then I had children of my own.

I will have to consider this whole "big trouble" issue now so that when the moment after not picking up the room, screaming one more time, or not listening happens, I will have a game plan, otherwise, I will be in big trouble.

Comments