What a Week

I cannot even pin point why last week was just one of those weeks. I wasn't terribly busy, I wasn't inundated with extra projects at work, no one was ill or injured, and my car is running great.

It was just one of those weeks.

I had no energy to muster up a blog post, connect with friends on Facebook, interact with others through texting or phone calls, or read about what others are doing in their lives. Although I'm not depressed, life just seems depressing. Perhaps it's safe to say that I am downcast, for now.

My discontentment level is high while as the same time feeling as if I am using the gifts and talents that God has given to me to honor and glorify Him seem squelched.

I am where I need to be, I am where God wants me to be, I have a lot to learn right where I am, I just feel fidgety and unsatisfied.

My face has major wrinkles, my jowls are falling down into my lap, I feel old, my eyesight appears to be getting worse, although it isn't, and my gumption is asleep.

Wow. I sound awful. Thanks for not judging my honesty and complain-ey attitude.

I set some goals for myself and one of those is to not let my joy be squandered for discontent and frustration.

That is Satan's ploy.

I find complete joy in writing, so I am writing. I am starting seminary to become a licensed minister and my first class begins February 17. I will do my best in the situations God has placed me. I will count my blessings. I will trust completely in God's timing, even though it seems v e r y s l o w. I will find better face make up to cover my droopy jowls and wrinkles, and I will love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

What is your latest struggle?

Comments