Photo Blues

Since I am the second born there are a total of four baby pictures then the snapshots go straight to when I was seven. After that we jump to high school and then my wedding pictures. The total number of pages in the book equals 8. My older brother's baby book is bulging with so many snapshots that it cannot be shut. I'll be in therapy later I'm sure.

In my attempts to locate my baby book I came across some pre cut, ready to glue on to scrapbook pages, containing photos of my oldest children. This was an indicator of when I got too busy to scrapbook - ten years ago. I don't want to be one of those people who in their sixties, finally has the time to place pictures in a photo album however, I'm not seeing any large gaps of free time in the immediate future, to complete the task.

I know that if I would just put them in a book right away, the problem would be eliminated, but I cannot seem to do that either. I'm hopeless, but at least I have pictures of my children, somewhere, in boxes, in some cupboard, for now, safe, with no semblance of order. It is a new year though. Perhaps loads of time will suddenly open up for me and deliver the desire to organize my photos, or not.

I'm a writer. That's what I do, so, I'm scraping scrapbooking. Unless of course, someone wants to place all my photos in books for me. I don't even need the fancy scrapbook paper and 3-D ribbons and stickers. I'd pay big bucks - if I had big bucks.

Comments