Birthing Personalities

Is there any coloration between personality and birth experience? Let me explain.

My fourth child was born early in the morning. I was induced, even though I was dilating. Everyone was in a hurry since their shift ended at 7:00 a.m. and it was just past 6. The OBGYN rushed to the hospital, and barely made it to my room. It was crazy and painful. I wanted to scream.

My fourth child is crazy. He is smart and convincing. He winks at you when he is in trouble, is stubborn, and likes to call his brothers turds and tell them that they are mean. He quits games that he cannot win and then snuggles with me when he reads. At times he makes me yell.

Our third child's delivery was euphoric. He was born just after midnight in a quiet room with no visitors. I had no pain and gave birth with a smile on my face.

The 3rd is shy and quiet. He is easy,m and goes to bed without a fuss. He got the "peace" award in chapel.

Number two was almost born at Disneyland. My water broke in the bathroom of one of the restaurants at 7:00 p.m. but we stayed until 11:00. We ended up going to the hospital at 3:00 a.m.

The second is Mr. Fun Guy. He is always making up games, making people laugh and loves candy. He is flexible and loves a good time.

Our first born had a very dramatic birth. From start to finish it was three days. Her birth was unique, and challenging. She stayed in the hospital for 5 days, wouldn't eat, was small, and kept us on our toes.

Need I explain? Drama, unique, challenging at times.

Can anyone relate? Am I crazy? I probably am crazy, but isn't it worth considering?

Comments