God is Never in a Hurry

Lately I’ve been having trouble waiting.

Although, in the past I have been known to rate high on the impatient scale, I have been desperately trying to be more patient not only in my daily life with family, friends, and bad drivers, but also in my spiritual life.

As I contemplate my present circumstances, and what the future holds for our family, I get easily frustrated with the praying and waiting, praying and waiting some more, praying and waiting even more. Constantly, I remind myself that God’s timing is perfect, and I have no business hurrying Him along, as if that were even remotely possible.

The other day, as I was thinking about what I am doing, what I want to do, what I have been doing, and what I would like to be doing, it occurred to me that my plans do not seem to be moving along as quickly as I had hoped. I have my own agenda, and my own plans that I desire to be inside of God’s will for my life, it just seems that my plans are on hold right now, and well, that God isn’t moving fast enough.

Before I reached the destination to which I was driving, I asked God to speak to me. I drove in silence for a while and kept thinking mundane thoughts regarding homework projects that needed supplies, and where kids needed to go after school instead of truly being silent so that I could absorb exactly what God was trying to each me. I then turned on the radio which was tuned to a station which broadcasts pastor’s messages.

“God is never in a hurry” came blasting through my speaker like a gigantic head thump. I laughed as I told God, “Ok, I get it.” I remembered again that when I rush my plans instead of waiting for His timing, I miss out on intentional planning orchestrated entirely by God, which is much better than my plans orchestrated by me.

Lately I’ve been having trouble waiting, but I’m learning to get over it.

God’s timing is always perfect.

What plans are you trying to rush?

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.