Tantilizing Tastebuds

I like making my kids happy.

I like to cater to their culinary cravings even though I know that it won't make them love me any more. I won't be attending the Mother of the Year convention this or any year, in case you were wondering, especially in light of my recent grocery store visit.

I laughed when I took the groceries out of the shopping cart and placed them on the conveyor belt at the grocery store the other day. My selections were a little embarrassing.

I have a boy at home sick, and while I was attempting to help him fuel his energy with something that sounded good to him, I was also needing to replenish some missing items from our pantry. Some of these items have never entered your house I sure. However, I grew up on Ding Dongs and Freetos and turned out just fine.

If you an organic eating, nothing trans fat buying, junk food has no place in my mouth or the mouths of my family members sort of person, I suggest that you do not read any further. You might get disgusted enough to squirm and have your eyes begin watering.

My purchase consisted of: A box of Lucky Charms, two frozen pizzas, a bag of Cheetos, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, frozen mozzarella sticks, and a bottle of blue Gatorade.

I'm not proud of my grocery purchase, that is why I am confessing. On the other hand, it's hard to find anything better than a big bowl of Lucky Charms topped with cold milk. I just saying.

The cravings were satisfied, the sick boy ate, and the next time I went to the store I threw bananas, and whole wheat bread into my cart. Balance is key.

Comments