The Brain Tickler

The other day I was at a restaurant, and picked up a flier called "The Brian Tickler." I'm actually surprised that I grabbed it to read since I have no desire to have my brain tickled. I am terrible at Sudoku, crossword puzzles, and can barely tolerate word searches, let alone word riddles and number facts. Ewe.

After reading the first sentence on the paper, I knew I was doomed for failure and any attempts to solve the puzzles on the paper. "Once upon a time a farmer was selling eggs." I stopped there. My brain was hurting instead of tickling. I don't get along very well with word problem/riddles.

The second puzzle piqued my interest, but required a calculator, so I stopped reading it halfway through. Here is goes, "As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives, each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats, each cat had seven kit: Kits, cats, sacks and wives. how many were going to St Ives?

I knew that too much multiplying would cause my head to swell, so I gave up. I was an art major in college. Math inflicts pain.

As it turns out, no calculator was required. The answer to the riddle was, one. One person was going to St. Ives. Wow, did I feel loser-ish or what? I told you that I wasn't good at this sort of thing.

I won't be reading any more of The Brain Tickler. It's depressing, and it makes me feel stupid.

Give me a grammar quiz or a pop quiz on the Greek alphabet. You can even test me on the modern artists of the 20th century, actually, don't. I barely passed Art History.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, You're terrible at sudoku.. there is an interesting game site at www.domo-sudoku.com where you can play free sudoku puzzles for beginners.
Unknown said…
I like to play sudoku but medium sudoku puzzles only.