This Bed was Built for Two not Three

I'm pretty sure that a five year old, who has slept through the night since he was 9 months old - we had issues, should stay in his own bed now.

Lately he has been coming into our room, rousing me, not my husband, from a deep sleep, and crawling into our bed with his blanket, bear, and pillow.

Last night I was rudely awakened at 3:00 a.m. I had to settle on my back with my arms above my head because I was squished between my son and husband with very little wiggle room. I laid there for 30 minutes, until my son was in a deep sleep, then scooped up my boy's limp body and put him back in his own bed.

I didn't move him sooner, because I was too cold to get out of bed and too sleepy to do much more than scoot over to make room for his warm body. After laying awake, uncomfortable and frustrated, I weathered the cool temperature in the house and marched him back to his room.

At 4:00 a.m. my dear young boy returned. He pushed on my shoulder until I awoke, shoved his body back along side of mine, and there I was again, for the second time in one full hour, lying on my back with my arms above my head.

I'm exhausted, and stupid. Tonight I will not move over and allow my son to enter our bed. I will not succumb to the warm bed as opposed to getting to my feet to return a 5 year old to his own bed. I will not roll over onto my back and subject myself to an uncomfortable position to accompany a small child. I will not.

I hope that I made myself clear. I need a lot of convincing at 3:00 a.m. when the brain gears are at a sudden halt and the house tempurate is near 60 degrees.

Comments