Grandmas Rule

Growing up I had no grandmas. My mom's mom died when I was 5 and my dad's mom lived in Missouri. I never met her in person. I had no grandpas either, and no aunts, uncles, or cousins. My parents are both only children. Poor me, I know.

My children have the great blessing of having two wonderful grandmas that not only live close by, but are very involved in their lives. They love their Grandma and Nana.

My youngest gets the most time with my mother since she watches him for me when I am at work. He adores her. She spoils him beyond comprehension and he knows exactly which buttons to push in order to get her heart to melt into a heap. He woos her with his wink, shouts "I love you Grandma!" from the other room, and rushes to her side when their eyes meet.

As much as he sees her, I would guess that he would tire of her presence and want to be around me more since we don't see each other as much as we used to, prior to my working full-time. Not so. the minute he wakes up he begs, "Can I go to Grandma's?" and questions, "Is it time for me to go to Grandma's yet?"

What gives? In my house, grandmas rule, and moms, well they are second rate. I guess it could be worse.

I am thrilled that he has such affection for his dear grandma.

Comments