Cold Cereal

Who doesn't like a bowl of cold cereal?

My middle mister is currently addicted to Life cereal. I bought a huge box of the stuff from Smart and Final and it is already gone.

My daughter prefers Coco Puffs so she can drink the left over chocolate infused milk. She eats cereal for an after school snack. At least the milk portion is healthy.

My youngest is partial to Rice Krispies with lots of sugar added. When I am not paying attention, he pours in enough sugar so that a mini mountain of granules is left in the bottom of the bowl at cereals end.

My oldest boy rarely partakes in cereal but will indulge in Coco Krispies every now and again if we happen to have a box in the cupboard.

My husband delights in a bowl of cereal every night before bed. He love Raisin Bran mixed with Special K covered with 2% milk.

My favorite is a combination of Oatmeal Squares and Lucky Charms. I have been a Lucky Charms fan since childhood.

We currently have six boxes of cereal in the pantry. Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, and Frosted Flakes are always a staple too, in addition to the favorites.

I confess that I am one of those moms - the one who feeds her children sugar cereal and not organic, bran laden, puffy oat balls.

That's just me.

What kind of cereal do you enjoy?

Comments

Denise said…
you may not want to be my friend anymore if i tell you what kind of cereal we indulge in.

the kids get to pick a sugar cereal on their birhtdays.

otherwise it is cheerios, raisin bran, life, mini wheats.

maybe you'd rather come to our house for b-fast on saturdays! my husband makes waffles, crepes, griddle cakes, omelets, coffee cake,
or french toast..all of these slathered in gooey syrup, whipped topping and berries!
Jodie Howerton said…
I am totally a no sugar crazy mother. I buy sugar cereal ONLY for special occasions like vacation or any school holiday. However, when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit, the FIRST thing they do is take the kids to the store for some "grandpa" cereal......