Sunday, December 28, 2008

Just a Thought

I was reading though a scripture yesterday that had a significant impact on me. I love discovering new verses in the Bible that I hadn't discovered before now.

If I don't have a devotional guide I will pop open the Bible to Proverbs and read the chapter that corresponds to the date. Since it was the 27th, I read chapter 27.

This is the verse that I hit me:

"The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives." Proverbs 27:21 NIV

This is just a reminder about how important it is to teach and model humility.

Everything we have, every gift, every skill, every talent, every ability, is from God. Without Him, we are nothing.

2 comments:

Brad Huebert said...

Amen. And Merry Christmas. You going to Mt. Hermon, BTW?

Becoming Me said...

So true.