Avoidance

I am in the process of avoiding. My house hasn't been this disheveled since, well, last Christmas. It is a sweet, hot, mess. Thankfully the house is only cluttered with things as opposed to being the holding ground for serious dirt, although I bet if I look closer, I could find a load of that stuff too. I did bleach one toilet today. Yay me.

I am not sure where I am going to put anything since the bedrooms and cupboards are full. Where do I put the bags of popcorn from a popcorn tin, a bag of caramel corn, all the stocking candy, and pieces of toys littered throughout my home?

We have enough leftover food to cover us until the new year, and cookies coming from all sides of the kitchen. I need to have about ten hungry teenagers over and let them loose inside my kitchen hoping that they would only leave the condiments and crumbs.

Since I am a firm believer in "out with the old and in with the new," my house cleaning avoidance is even more prevalent since I need to go through closets prior to cleaning the existing Christmas explosion shard. That's going to take some work.

Oh, and the Christmas tree, that needs to go too, soon. I was ready to take it down Christmas night, but my husband gave me that look, the "are you serious?" look.

For obvious reasons, I an experiencing avoidance. Although, I am never avoiding my coffee intake. That always get high priority.

Comments

Mother Hood said…
I feel your pain. It's taking me days to clean up after Christmas. I'm just taking it one step at a time!
Denise said…
and that is why i am sitting her at the computer...avoidance.
that and i have no idea where (if) to store a hot dog toaster.