Sidetracked and Forgetful

I can't remember much of anything. My head spins with what needs to be done, what I am going to do, what I am currently doing, and what I know needs to be done in the near future. In addition, my focus meter goes off kilter often as the sidetrack kicks into full swing.

My son asked me for a bandage for the blister on his toe. By dinner I had forgotten. At bedtime he asked me again. As I walked to the bathroom I saw a pile of clothes on the sink. When I went over to the hamper to deposit the dirty goods, I saw a toy airplane on my bed and picked it up to return to the boy's bedroom.

When I sat on my son's bed to begin prayers for the night he asked, "Where is the bandage?" After I told him that I forgot, and got up once again to retrieve the it, he said, "Never mind, I'll get one in the morning."

I try to make lists, but when I pull out my handy, dandy, notebook to begin the list, I forget what I am supposed to jot down.

I purchase birthday gifts last minute.

Instead of calling people to ask for a favor with 2 days notice, I keep forgetting so I call the night before asking for help.

I have a great calendar that I keep up to date, but sometimes I forget to look at it.

When I get to the grocery store, list in hand, I ofter forget as least two of the items. If I happen to have any children along side of me, I forget 5 items minimum.

I need one day. A full day of nothingness and a whole list of get doneness.

I need one day to run every errand, go to every appointment, complete all of the items on my lists, and make 5 dinners for the week and freeze them.

The weekend just doesn't give me enough time.

Comments

Denise said…
"sidetracked and forgetful" are my middle names.
is it kids linda? did pregnancy zap our memory?
i have all these symptoms you write of, AND i can't find words.
"throw this in the...uh...mmm..ahhhh...trash" or "don't forget to feed the garage,i mean the ..uh..DOG!"

this helps solidify any thoughts my kids have about me being looney.
Eve said…
And I thought it was just me! Sorry it's happening to you as well but it is nice to know I'm not a lone with this.
Melodee said…
You're totally me. Only cuter.

I went to the store for laundry detergent and came home with everything but laundry detergent.