Scripture Memory

My women's small group has been challenged to memorize scripture so that it can be put into practice more easily. Our verse for the week is simple to remember, "Love is patient, love is kind." 1 Corinthians 13:4

Although I have it memorized, it is difficult to put into practice on a daily basis. Very hard. I am trying, the Lord knows I'm trying.

I am thrilled that I do not have to memorize my first grader's scripture verse. "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him"

Please tell me how in the world a six year old is supposed to one: memorize this extremely lengthy scripture verse, and two: understand a word like "condemn?"

Oh well, we are going to have to start early on this one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ha! i suppose children can memorize more because they have less to be responsible for! i can remember when I was younger and it was so easy to memorize!
Anonymous said…
I bet your 6-yr-old can EASILY memorize that! No problem. Help her repeat it a couple times a day, and before long she'll have it. [:-)
Rachel in Idaho