What Makes You Tired?

When someone tells you that they are exhausted you automatically assume that they have had a busy day of watching children, got up early, have worked a full time job somewhere, have narcolepsy, or have a thyroid condition, have slept on the floor for the past week with no pillow, work the graveyard shift at the tow yard, have insomnia, let their twelve cats take over the bed, or perhaps, just finished a triathalon.

Evidently, I have trouble staying awake after getting my hair done, combined with lunch with my daughter, and shopping. Whew, what a day.

I am also exhausted after spending the day on the beach even when my children are happily entertained and I actually have the opportunity to relax. That sun just saps the energy right out of me.

How in the world does relaxing make me tired?

When my daughter sits home all day doing nothing, she constantly complains about how tired she is. Strange.

Why does sitting make her tired?

Wait, now that I think about it I do have a thyroid problem, woke up at 2:30 a.m. to a small body laying beside mine, woke again at 6:30 to turn on Sponge Bob for another child, had a carb laden lunch, and read a glossy magazine at the hair salon. Reading also makes me tired, but I learn so much.

Did you know that Advil helps with sunburn, and Gwen Stefani is having another baby at any moment? You know what that means? Yep, stretch marks. Oh, and Will Smith was in Hawaii with his family and Cheryl Crow dresses her baby in seersucker shorts. When did Sheryl Crow have a baby? Is there a dad? I think it is against the law in Hollywood to have a baby when you are married. You have to be unwed, or 15. Or, unwed and 15.

By the way, Hollywood is gross. Really. I've been there. Beverly Hills is nice, I worked there one day. Yes, for one day, in a restaurant. That is another blog.

You have just experienced a random act of blogging, and posting with no rhyme or reason. Typically this is not how I roll, except for now. I'm too tired to focus on one subject. I hope that you didn't get a whiplash.

Comments

First of all, I am so excited for your book! Second, this post was great and I can so relate. We just moved and I have been battling with sheer exhausting...thinking of getting my thyroid checked