Smoothies For Sale


I have, sitting in my freezer, three bags of frozen strawberries. I stocked up on them since my daughter, for the past three weeks, has awoke from her slumber and asked if I could make her a smoothie using bananas and strawberries. I have become quite the smoothie maker and have saved myself a $4.00 purchase from Juice It Up!

Since I take the fresh bananas which are on the verge of turning brown, and chop them into sections and freeze them, I also have a full stock of frozen bananas for smoothie concoctions.

Suddenly, and without any warning, my daughter has decided that she no longer wants me to make her a smoothie for breakfast. She has moved to the old stand by: a bowl of cereal.

So, sitting in my freezer are three bags of frozen strawberries and three bags of frozen bananas.

Perhaps instead of a lemonade sale on the corner of the street today, my kids can sell smoothies. I can only imagine the revenue! At two bucks a cup, we should be able to have dinner out this evening. What a plan!

BTW, here is my recipe:
4 oz apple juice
2 oz orange juice
5 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
6 ice cubes
1 tub vanilla yogurt

Comments

Erin said…
yuuuuuuuuum....do you think we could invent a coffee smoothie? like a frap of sorts? Perhaps I'll look into that...I'll report back if it turns out good. Not that this, in any way, helps with your banana and strawberry dilema
Amy said…
Can't wait to try your smoothie! Yummy yum yum. Here's my recipe (which I lived on while pregnant both times): 1 c. orange juice (with added calcium), 1 c. nonfat milk, + a package of frozen berries. Often you will find me, toddler boy on my lap, holding a glass of this with 2 straws--one for each of us. After he has sucked on and chewed his straw, he dives for mine. The smoothie is gone in mere minutes.
Denise said…
mmmmmm, i have needed a good smoothie recipe. this sounds yummy.
now where's my blender??