New Hire


As of Monday, I am officially employed. I have a real job. I receive a paycheck and insurance. I work at our church, Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA.

I wore a skirt to work my first day and everyone else I saw had flip-flops and jeans. I need to reconsider my clothing selections. Maybe summer attire is different from Fall attire. I'll have to survey more office outfits before I dress down.

Life has changed around here. The kids aren't quite used to mom working, but do anticipate being able to do more with the added paycheck.

My new role will be Campus Launch Coordinator. We are launching seven new Saddleback campuses in and around Orange County by the year 2010. I am in charge of helping to make those new campuses happen. The campuses will operate like a regular Saddleback Church with the exception of the message. The message will be a video, taped from our main campus, and will be delayed one week. I'm sure that this is all riveting information, right?

Since my supervisor is still on vacation, today I will be spending my hours reading. I need to read the book The Multi-site Church Revolution. I'm considering sitting my children down in a circle and having them listen to the first three chapters. Since it is not a picture book, my hope is that they will all fall into a deep sleep, then I can finish the book on my own while they snooze.

So, after six years, I am back in the work place. I'm excited. I need to learn how to love a cubical instead of a classroom like I am used to.

I wish that school started Monday.

And, by the way, that is not a photo of my cubical. I will post one when I "move in."

Comments

Sarah Markley said…
so glad you found a JOB!!! =)
Amy said…
Oooh, that's a big transition. Congratulations. I'm impressed with Saddleback from afar. Enjoy!
Brad Huebert said…
Congrats, Linda. Will pray for you now. Like, right now.
Denise said…
congratulations on the new job. it sounds exciting!

i have been to Saddleback.

once the family decided to check it out when we were in so cal for vacation. i don't need to tell you it was overwhelmingly big for this mountain girl.

i returned there for a worship conference in 06, and was so impressed by the leadership at the church, rick warren, and the ministry of the church.
i had different eyes, and a great appreciation for Saddleback and who it is through Christ for the So Cal community.
Mary Fran Muir said…
Wow what a great job to have. Now when someone says something about Rick Warren I can say that I "know" someone who works with him! :) If we ever make it to CA, I'd love to go to Saddleback as well as Skyline Wesleyan