Good Love


My youngest doesn't talk, he yells. Even if he has some great information to share as opposed to being angry, he shouts. I could be in the next room over, ten feet from his face, and he yells, "Mooooom!!!!."

The other day he was ascending from the bottom of the stairs, yelling my name. Before I could echo back the affirming, "Yes?" he was already into the second shout of, "Mom!" When he reached the top of the stairs and saw me standing, I was wearing my angry eyes. He was smiling.

"Please don't continue yelling out my named after I say 'what'" I tell him as he approaches my side. We have had this conversation before, so he knows that it makes me nutty when he shouts my name from anywhere in the house.

"I just wanted to say 'I love you.'"
"I love you too, but you don't have to yell."
"Well I love you, I love you, I love you."

His "I love you's" continued for about thirty more times and for the next three minutes as he walked around the house. The rest of us giggled and he smiled while continuing in his scratchy, hoarse voice from "woo hooing" at the X-Games then my middle mister spoke up. "Hey, what about me?"

"Well, I love you, but you only get one."

Love is good.

Comments

Brad Huebert said…
Right on. What a great moment. BTW, the beach pics a few posts ago were awesome.

Miss you guys.