Good Bribe Gone Better


I don't limit myself when it comes to bribes with my children because the bribes typically console the selfish side of me.

While most people waste money on large foo-foo coffee drinks, this week I have spent $7.74 on three orders of small fries and three boxes of apple juice from Burger King.

Since I like to run in the morning before work, and my husband has already left for work, I have to leave big kids at home in order to run. Only at very desperate times do I leave the youngest home with my 12 and 14 year old. He is trouble maker and a handful for them on most occasions.

I don't appreciate getting the phone call when I am two miles from home from my biggest boy informing me that the little one is out of control. To alleviate any problems, I bribe the youngest to ride with me in the double jog stroller.

I plop his body on one side of the seats, and load the other side with his DS and games, Pirates Booty, his blanket, and a pillow.

Halfway through my run we encounter a Burger King Restaurant. I waltz in, order small fries and an apple juice, tear off the top of the bag, and settle my boy in with his juice and fries.

My son spends the last half of the jog eating french fries and drinking apple juice without a complaint.

My big kids do fine at home. The house is not on fire when I return, my youngest is happy and content, and I, for two dollars and 58 cents, have had a great run.

It's all good. It just takes a little bit of money.

Comments

Jodie Howerton said…
A small price to pay! Are you interested in doing the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving? Mike and I are doing the 10k....see you there????
Now that is determination and street smarts for ya. My question, though, is how can you run while pushing that thing? I can barely get myself where i'm going, let alone push a stroller.
Melodee said…
That's awesome. You are my hero.
Lisa said…
I love it.

Hey ... whatever works ... right?

Glad you got to see Mike. I love having Mike and Jodie up here. Now I get to have Caleb in 1st grade this year!

We'll have so much fun together!

xoxo