Dirty Car


It never fails. Yes, never. Every time I wash my car it rains. I avoid washing my car due to this phenomenon. It could be blazing hot with clear skies and the next day an unexpected storm comes rolling in and trickles its wetness all over my clean car leaving spot marks.

My husband and I spent the evening together washing our cars while the boys played whiffle ball, I mean argue ball, on the front lawn. We started late in the evening and literally washed until dark tying to avoid streak marks only the afternoon sun can deliver.

Our cars sparkled and I was finally at the point where I could drive somewhere without getting embarrassed by the metal filth I was driving.

The next day it rained, not buckets, not even cup fulls, but it did rain. Since it always rains after I wash my car, if I were Noah, I would know exactly when the floods were arriving. After finishing the Ark, I would wash my car.

If I were a Native American and it was drought season, I would just wash my car and the rains would come, helping to water the corn fields.

If I were getting married outdoors, my car would have to remain dirty. I couldn't take a chance on having it rain on my wedding.

If I were past my due date and pregnant with twins, I would wash my car. When the barometer drops as with a storm, babies are born by the crib fulls, or so I've heard.

I suppose I could add this talent to my "list of accomplishments." It is quite an impressive talent, no?

Comments

Brad Huebert said…
You could charge for your gift. Drive out to dry places for a fee, to bring the rain.

"Car-washing-woman-will-wake-wet-weather-while-you-wait. Fifty bucks."

I can see it now.
Denise said…
i had my veicle washed today, let's see if it rains here..maybe i've got it! however, i did go through on eof those car washy thingies, maybe the rains come only after one has physically washed the car themselves?? Hmmm?
Sarah Markley said…
we play argue ball here too.

mine is dirty. but then again, its always dirty.

hows the workin' woman.