28 Minutes


Twenty eight minutes is how long it takes me to do the following:

~Walk to the bookstore from the movie theater.
~Wait in line at the bookstore cafe' to purchase a black coffee.
~Visually locate a seat with a chair and table.
~Pour a cup of water from the pitcher on my way to the table.
~Walk to the table with my coffee, water, and computer in a bag over my shoulder.
~Approach the table and bump it slightly spilling the entire coffee contents all over the table, chair, and floor narrowly missing the student seating next to me.
~Walk back to the counter to inform the cashier of my spill, offer help in cleaning up the mess, and offer payment for a coffee refill.
~Return to the table to sop up the spilled coffee from the table while the cashier mops the floor.
~Retrieve my refilled coffee from the counter.
~Return to my table where my water was sitting to find two men who snatched my table, and moved my water to an empty table with no chairs.
~Query the men who took my table, moved my stuff, and, in a huff, leave to find another table.
~Fail in attempts to locate another table.
~Leave the building and find a table outdoors with free Wi-Fi.

THAT, is exhausting.

I am a rookie when it comes to taking my laptop out of my home and working on it somewhere else. A rookie!

From now on, I will just stay home.

Comments

Wow. All of the earmarks of a rookie. I should know. PS: Glad you're COMMITTED to being in on the vidcast.
Sarah Markley said…
ohhhh, you are going to do a video blog???

i can't wait!
Brad Huebert said…
One o' them days, huh?

I'm with Sarah. Next time, get that on film!
Amy said…
Don't worry. With enough practice, it'll get easier.
Melodee said…
Leaving home, though, without kids? Worth the trouble, right?