Whirlwind


My NYC Whirlwind has come to a screeching halt. I'm exhausted.

We landed at JFK airport at 10:00p.m. on Friday and checked into our hotel at 11:00. I was craving breakfast so we found a diner at 11:50 which closed at midnight. The man told us we had ten minutes. We ordered (bacon and eggs...yum!) and went to bed at 1:15a.m.

Saturday was biking in Central Park which was packed with peopled waiting in line to see Bon Jovi in concert. We ventured over to 5th avenue for some delicious cupcakes from "Crumbs" which, for the record, are better than Magnolia Bakery. They didn't have tons of frosting which I didn't even notice because the cake part was so spectacular.

We had John's pizza on Bleeker Street, rated best in - the city, and shopped until 8:00 p.m. I bought a watch for $5.00 that fell apart three times, and caramel corn from Garrett Popcorn (so delicious I could have eaten the entire bag and made myself sick)but never found the floor length,jersey dress I wanted for under thirty dollars.

Walking the streets all day ensured coffee and a shower. When I ordered my coffee the guy at the donut shop kept asking me if I wanted cream and sugar. He thought I was a nut case for drinking coffee black.

After showers, we hailed a taxi at 9:15 p.m. for a ride to dinner at Schiller's. We ate key lime pie at 10:30 and hit Times Square at 11:45. I bought MLB All Star hats for the boys at the only store open until midnight that sold the hats. We fell into bed at 2:15 a.m.

We were gone by 8:00 a.m. on Sunday heading back to the airport where my girlfriend arranged for me a seat in first class. Oh heaven in the air!!! After a hot rag was given to me to cleanse my hands, I ate a cup fill of warm nuts, antipasto salad, green salad with strips of red and yellow peppers, wheat rolls with butter, a warm grilled chicken sandwich, hot fudge sundae, and later on a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie with black coffee.

I watched two movies, "21" and "Definitely, Maybe," read, slept in my fully reclining, leather seat equipped with a small comforter, and the guy sitting next to me wondered if I was Celine Dion. I told him, "yes." You have to be famous to be in first class, right. ;)

Now I am home. [whew!] Amazing! My girlfriend's generosity is amazing. God knew I needed a small break. What a blast! Back to reality.

Comments

MtnLori said…
Sounded like a crazy, fun, exhausting bit of heaven. I'm glad you had a great time. Now if you could introduce me to your girlfriend....
Mary Fran Muir said…
Dunkin always wants to put cream and sugar in your coffee! Leave it alone I say! Why drink it if you have to "doctor" it up. This said from a reformed cream and sweet 'n low girl.
Na said…
wow. did that guy still think u were celine?

yeah i can see why he asked.

that's awesome.

man, i want to do that. for days.

im glad u got to. and that's so sweet of you to buy your kids hats.
Anonymous said…
Celine is like my hero big time, for my money it doesn't get any better than when she sings "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" also she has mad skills on the ukileli i herd