Let Me Explain

At the risk of you thinking that I purposely went out to a photography studio to get head shots done for my blog, let me explain:

1. I would never, with a capital "N" get head shots done unless it was utterly and completely necessary. I like my 6th grade school photo that was attached to my blog previously.

2. As some of you know, by God's AMAZING grace, I have a book, with Zondervan Publishing, coming out in April of 2009. It is titled, Spilt Milk, Linda Vujnov's Devotionals for Moms It is humorous and unconventional. I had to have these head shots done for the back cover of the book. I wish that I was wearing a necklace. My chest looks - exposed.

side note: I will be requiring each of my children to set up 24 hour "book stands" on many of the street corners in and around Orange County so that they can sell my books. Who needs lemonade? People need Jesus! I hope that my 5 year old learns how to give back the proper amount of change by then.

3. I figured that I would use this same photo on my blog so that those unfamiliar with who I am could put a face with the same face. Wow! That makes no sense.

4. I have also started a Facebook which is interesting. I have two friends. Watch out, my popularity is overwhelming. Whoa!!!

So that is my very formal explanation of why I have such fancy photos now on my blog.

side note 2: My daughter just started blogging. I'm thrilled that she will strengthen her typing skills as well as her writing skills. Check it out here. She would be thrilled if you left a comment, hint, hint.

Comments

Unknown said…
You're beautiful. :)

I got to your site after your article in the latest MOPS magazine (which I *loved* - cracked me up and made me nod my head with agreement!!!)

Your family is beautiful. Your attitude and Christian faith is so inspiring.

Take care,
Kara
MtnLori said…
I found your blog on MOPS.org and I just loved your "If Only." I too wish for a roller coaster & water park, mine would have a full-time nanny too. I put a link to your blog on my blog so I can check yours out whenever I want too!
mtnlori-carters.blogspot.com

So can you get your book from MOPShop? I need all the inspiration & humor I can get!
Brad Huebert said…
Linda, nice pic. I hear ya. I'm publishing my book and Shauna and I are gonna hafta do some nice pics of me in the next day or two.

I'll use your explanation.
Sarah Markley said…
oh crap. that means i have to do facebook too. its been nagging at me like a monkey on my back.
MtnLori said…
Just sent an email to MOPS International to ask them to carry your book at MOPShop. Every little bit helps!

If anyone reads this - please send an email to MOPS to ask them to carry Linda's book and say a prayer for her!!!

Have a great day!
Lori
Cheri said…
RJ was just asking about when your book was coming out. When I gave him the April 09 date, he exclaimed, "Cool, that and Transformers 2!" It's a positive endorsement... remember, he's 16!
Denise said…
love the picture!
can i be your f.b. friend?

and on what corner do i get the book?
(i like lemonade too).

have fun in N.Y.!
Erin said…
I'll set up a book stand in Houston AND Missoula...since I live in two cities I may as well help out everywhere I can!