How Far Would You Drive?

I am drained. I am physically, emotionally, and mentally, drained. My biggest mister is on a baseball team which has continued to win their baseball games=good news. The team has to play other baseball teams from L.A. so we are driving 3 hours round trip every night=bad news.

How far would you drive every night to watch your kid play a sport, dance, sing, act, play an instrument?

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the light isn't until Monday. If they win tonight, they play on Thursday. After that, they play best of three on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We have been driving out to Granada Hills, 60 miles, since last Saturday. The games are at 7:00 p.m. so we sit in traffic. My husband drives, so I am catching up on my magazine reading which is great. I not sure why I am so drained from sitting in a car, and sitting in the bleachers watching a baseball game.

We arrive home at 11:00 p.m. and fall into bed around 11:45. We get up the next day and do it all over again. My son leaves at 3:00 p.m. and we leave at 5:00 p.m.

The boys appear to be unaffected entirely. They are having fun. Where do 11 year old boys get their stamina? I need some - right now.

Comments

Jodie Howerton said…
You are going to get a special sports jewel in your crown in heaven...I think Starbucks makes most of its money off of tired moms who are driving between sporting events...
Sarah Markley said…
Cuhhh RAZY!!!

I agree with Jodie about the sports jewel. =)