Hawaii Minus the Airfare




As some of you know we lost our Hawaiian vacation to a bankrupt airline back in February. When it came time to re-book our flight, the prices had tripled. No Hawaii.

This is where we have been all week, Laguna Beach, California. This vacation has cost us vertually nothing since my ever-so-generous friend had let us borrow her home. Wonderful.

The sun finally came out at a decent hour today. We didn't leave the beach until 6:15 p.m. the water is warm and fantastic. We have no sharks here locally, but we did see a pod of dolphins yesterday.


Here are the boys with their "cool guy" faces. They are getting their poses down since we are off the see the X-Games tonight.

I grabbed me a handfull of sand crabs with the little mister and got through one whole magazine. Yea!

My daugher was MIA. She is getting her braces off today and wanted her picture to show a braces-free face. Can you blame her?

Comments

Denise said…
Yeah for Hawaiifornia or Caliwaii!
looks fun and relaxing.
AnnieBlogs said…
Zach's cool face is not overly convincing- I know he's cool, his face just says, "I'm gonna laugh if you don't pick up the pace, Mom."

Ty's cool face is intimidating. I'm not cool enough to know him.

Tell Zach good job getting the sun out.

I can't wait to see Maddy's teeth!!
Jodie Howerton said…
Your kids are SO big now. Wow. What a bunch of good looking kids...are the girls calling the house yet?
Lisa said…
heavenly ... simply heavenly.