Dinner for Nine

Last night my oldest mister made dinner. He watches so much Food Network that he thinks he is a chef. He is, sort of.

He made a fantastic pizza from scratch using dough that had to rise, fresh sauce, and four different cheeses. The best part of the night was that he made the pizza's with his Nana, dirtied her kitchen, and all we had to do was go to the house and eat. Perfect. I love Nana.

The dessert had great intentions but flopped. The gelatto kept melting, and the chocolate it was supposed to be dipped in kept sliding off of the gelatto. "Rachel Ray makes it look so easy mom," he noted. "I know, she really does."

He'll probably never attend culinary school, but any time he wants to go to his Nana's and Sammy's house, use their ingredients to cook dinner, and dirty their kitchen, I am all over it. Let's face it, anytime I can show up to someone else's house for dinner and not have to do the cooking myself, I am all over it.

I hope that Nana want's to have my boy cook dinner again very soon. Friday would be great. I have no plans.

Comments

Na said…
That is awesome and so not common that people welcome such artistic messes. But yay for it. I'm all about it too.

I was thinking at first, you had those ingredients..and i was like.. "wow..they had all those ingredients.."
ayates said…
that's great for him!! Who knows maybe he will attend school someday and open his own restaurant! I would come and support him! I would also let him come to my kitchen and cook for me. I'm all for that!!!!!
Sarah Markley said…
so fun! i want "real" pizza!
MtnLori said…
Can we borrow your Nana??
Amy said…
Why wouldn't he go to culinary school?
I wonder why you say he'll probably never attend culinary school ... he just might! Wouldn't that be great?! I think you should encourage him. At the least, he's learning lifelong skills.