Bookless

I made a grave mistake. Since my mistake didn't cost me any money, I am not out any cash.

I was on my sixth journey in a row, driving sixty miles, to see my son and his baseball team play in the championship game. I had the privilege of being a passenger in the car as opposed to actually driving and I forgot to bring any reading material. This is a gave mistake when one is undertaking an hour and a half car ride.

My father-in-law offered his Restaurant News and the DVD player was showing Evan Almighty. My mother-in-law offered me a book that she described as "weird" and I passed on all offerings.

I sat frustrated that I had nothing to read, so I tried my hand and writing and made a list of the things in the car for which I am thankful:

-my purse, and it's ability to carry three wiffle balls, a bag of snacks, baseball cards, coupons, and all other normal necessities.

-GPS

-portable DVD players

-hand held electronic devices

-wireless headphones for the DVD

-a mother-in-law who doesn't mind driving

-cup holders

-other people to entertain my children at the ball field

By the way, my son's team lost the championship. :)
No more driving to Granada Hills.
Bittersweet-ness.

Comments

Sarah Markley said…
AAANNDD now, he can break his arm! Just kidding. Sorry they lost, but happy you have your life back!!

I love your kids, by the way.