Incessant Yawning


I don't have narcolepsy. That would be terrible. My children and husband would have to step over me as I suddenly fell into a deep sleep where ever I happened to land my 5 foot 10 body. It would be ugly. I would never get anything done. Ever. On the other hand, I probably wouldn't yawn so much because I would be asleep.

I cannot stop yawning. I am not tired, I just can't stop yawning. I appear to be bored with what ever task I am involved with, but I am not. Isn't that typically what yawing indicates, sleepiness and boredom?

I yawn through my son's baseball game even if they are ahead in the score, in the car on the way to church, during church [oops], at the dinner table, writing blog posts, and while I am taking a shower. Do I need more oxygen? I need something!

Today seems better. Maybe I got more sleep last night than I did the night before. My yawn count seems more manageable. I just hope I don't start sneezing. Incessant sneezing would be terrible.

Comments

Eve said…
This post made me yawn and NOT because it was boring but because of the picture and just mentioning yawning.

Why is it when we see someone yawn it makes us yawn? Or is that just me?

This reminds me of when I was in chemistry class in college. Every time the professor looked at me I was yawning. It was so embarrassing that I started trying to hold them back. You make weird faces when you do this so he probably didn't know what to think about me.
Brad Huebert said…
Funny.

I heard that we yawn because when we're tired we tend to take shallow breaths and our body compensates for a lack of oxygen.

Breath deeply, but don't hyperventilate. On the other hand, that'd make a great post too.
It's probably not true, but I heard once that when you yawn like that, your brain is trying to get more oxygen. ??
Melodee said…
I think the idea of you "yawing" is really funny. Then again, I often find typos endearingly amusing. :)