Anticipation

I find myself often anticipating the next thing avoiding the humps that life can bring.
If only I could get past Thursday, when everyone's tests are over.

I can't wait until Wednesday night, when school will be out.

I wish it was Sunday and my house would already be clean. (I clean on Saturday)

I hope that 11:00 on Sunday comes quickly and I am eating breakfast out, after running in a 10k, in the mud!

I really don't like that about myself, and wish that I could savor the moment that I am in presently, as tough, or uncomfortable as it may be.

Psalm 90:4 says, "A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night."

That is amazing to me. Sometimes the weeks fly by, but often times they crawl by at a snails pace. I don't wish to hurry the days along, I just want to find the joy in every day. Just another one of the things that I need to work on improving.

Comments

Sarah Markley said…
i forgot you are doing the mudrun. i wish i was doing it with you, plus the big breakfast!
Lisa said…
Ok, so this is a comment reply on the comment you left on my blog:

Don't worry about telling your husband it's too hard to explain.

I talk about my blogging friends to my boyfriend like I actually KNOW you guys (I feel like I do whether we've meet in person or not). I'll say, "Oh, speaking of that, my friend Linda ... well not my FRIEND, buy yah .. my friend .. blah blah blah."

I think he may think I have imaginary friends. We know the same people, and that's enough of a connection of quality people, for ME to call you "my friend Linda!"

I love you ... my blogging friend!

xoxo