Most Hospitable

The oneth place award (that is how my little guys say, "first") for "Most Hospitable" goes to my five year old.

He has a voracious appetite for fueling the neighborhood with mid-day snacks and drinks. My snack bin empties at an alarming rate. "Who wants a snack?" he hollers out the back door of my house which leads to the back yard. "Who needs a juice bag?" At this time I am void of an additional 4-5 juice bags and have added to my shopping list the word, "snacks."

Most of the children take two or three snacks and I question whether or not they have eaten anything since breakfast due to their extreme appetites. The juice bags are squeezed dry and litter the grass and my little guy smiles, knowing that his friends are satisfied.

Today I will taking out a small loan in order to restock my snack bin. Also, I will be making a trip to Costco in order to purchase some drinks. After all, it is a holiday weekend, and the doorbell will be ringing soon.

Comments

Some neighborhood kids knocked on our door during our 1 year olds birthday party and my four year old daughter ran to the door and said, "We're having a birthday party for my brudder...come in and join us!"
Jodie Howerton said…
Sounds like today was "go to the nice neighbor's house and eat their food" day. we also had the whole neighborhood here. Im now our of of marshmallows, chocolate, fruit leathers, chips and Capris Suns. Do by kids do this at other people's houses?