Come On Carrie

You don't have to be an American Idol fan or a country music fan in order to know the name Carrie Underwood. She is beautiful, a great singer, and I used to like her choice of songs.

The Christian radio station that I like to listen to in my car always plays her song, "Jesus Take the Wheel." I never assumed that she was a Christian, but I felt that her moral compass was pointed in the right direction. I never hear any bad media gossip about her and she has done very well since her winning American Idol.

The other night, on the finale show of season 7 of American Idol, Carrie Underwood made an appearance. She looked fabulous - gorgeous. I commented to my husband that she has beautiful legs, and that mine are vein laden and gross. He mentioned the fact that she is 20 something, and that I have "popped out" four children, and as a result, have bad leg veins. He loves my legs anyway.

My husband and I were aghast at the song that Carrie chose to sing on a television show which caters to families. The show also has a very strong teen following, hence the screams from the audience. Her song was about getting drunk, meeting a guy on the dance floor, leaving at 3 in the morning, and going from "hey cutie" to "what have I done?" Evidently she marries the guy in Veges and doesn't know her "new" last name. Ewe.

Really. She couldn't think of a better song to sing on American Idol. Really? I couldn't let my kids watch that section of the show. Come on Carrie.

Comments

Lisa said…
I was surprised too.

By the way ... my boyfriend calls Carrie Underwood "LEGS."

I'm sure you know why!

xoox