Dr. Laura

On occasion I listen to Dr. Laura. She is a radio psychiatrist who meanders through questions from callers, between the hours of 12 noon and 3:00. I cannot listen to Dr. Laura when the kids are in the car since she often talks of inappropriate subjects for little ears. On the chance that I am listening, and the children hear her voice, I am told, "We don't like the radio when it talks too much." I quickly change the station regardless if the caller is right in the middle of a question, or Dr. Laura is right in the middle of a solution.

I am always adding to my blessings list after I tune into the Dr. Laura Show. People are hurting, frustrated, messed up, suffering, neglected, and angry, and that is the short list. Some of them have problems which are insurmountable.

I am grateful for a husband who is also my best friend, and four kids with whom I cannot imagine living without. I am blessed with a parents, and in-laws who are Christians and the ability to live where I do.

For this time in my life, I do not need the advice of Dr. Laura, and for that, I am thankful.

Comments