Eating Plan

I have recently discovered the very best thing to follow a salad topped with grilled chicken and feta cheese. A bowl of cereal. I don't choose just any cereal. I had a sweet tooth and poured myself a small bowl of my most favorite cereal ever, Lucky Charms. My sweet tooth was still tugging at my shirt sleeve so I poured myself a small bowl of Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries. Delicious. I used skim milk of course which is a lot like eating french fries and diet soda.

I had a strong desire for another small bowl of Lucky Charms, but with the tad bit of self-control I had, I neglected the sweet tooth tug. I am eyeing our candy jar though.

My husband has cereal for dessert almost every night. He usually has an eclectic mix of Life cereal and Kellogg's Frosted Flakes or blends Rice Crispies with Raisin Bran. I don't think that he ever has a bowl of cereal with just one type of cereal.

We have seven different boxes of cereal in our pantry which get eaten often. Although the kids usually have other choices for breakfast, cereal make for a delicious snack or dessert. We have never been the type of parents who insist that their kids eat fiber laden cereals, or those high in cardboard taste. One of my joys is strolling down the cereal aisle at Target, smiling at the low price tags, and allowing them to choose any box they want. On the very weird side, I never let them get Cookie Crisp or Reese's Puffs. I have my limits. Not many, but some. I told you it was weird.

Go have a bowl of cereal, I insist.

Comments

Sarah Markley said…
Marshamallow Mateys - those are my weakness!!! (the Lucky Charm knockoff!)
Amy said…
Oh, how I love Lucky Charms! The perfect cereal, to my way of thinking.