Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dandy Candy

Candy has a superb way of rustling up memories from childhood. When I was younger, it was a treat for my brother and I to walk to the liquor store and pick out some candy. This was pre-Target, and 7-11 days when the liquor store had the best selection of candy and it didn't have a layer of dust over the packaging like candy in the liquor store does now days.

My favorite candies were Abba Zabba and Big Hunk. I chewed endless amounts of bubble gum and, before there was Fun Dip or Baby Bottle Pop, used to open a box of Jell-O Gelatin, lick my finger and dip it into the sugary goodness.

Although I am extremely partial to ice cream, chocolate chip to be exact, and slightly melted, I have been know to grab a fun-size candy bar from my always-stuffed candy jar. I am particular to Baby Ruth, Reece's, and if I can find the fun-size bars, Fast Break by Reece's. As I write down my choices, more continue to pop on my brain. I like Big Kat Kit Kat bars, and peanut butter M & M's. As you can tell, I am all about the chocolate and peanut butter.

I am not a fan of fruit candy while my husband and children live for Skittles, Dots, Starburst, and Nerds. Oooh. Those are a waste of calories in my opinion. Gummy and chewy fruit candy do nothing for my taste buds, but I'm sure that I am the minority.

Since we are on the subject of sweets, I am on the lookout for the most gooey, moist cinnamon roll, without raisins, and not from Cinnabon, on the earth. Cinnamon rolls are delicious.

2 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

You should have hung out with me this week...I had Cinnamon Rolls of EVERY variety coming out my ears! I will update my blog and you can see what my life looked like this week, try not to be too jealous...ha ha! STILL LOVING THE SWEDISH FISH!

Sarah Markley said...

I don't understand Abba Zabba. I just don't get it. But I do love all things chocolate and pb!=)