Winning Edge-less

I win nothing. I try to win give-a-ways, drawings, raffles, and those sorts of things but I never win. It is a wonder why I continue to enter. Hope springs eternal.

I have probably tried my hand at lottery scratch cards forty times and have won approximately $10.00 over a 15 year period. Some would say that those are decent odds, however, I cannot do the math in order to figure out if the odds are good, bad, or ugly. I can only surmise that I have spent forty dollars and only received back ten. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am still out thirty dollars.

I entered a drawing for a Vespa motor scooter that I HAD to have. I lost. They say that if you crumple the edges of the entry card, you have a better chance of winning. Perhaps it is because when the "draw-er" reaches into the box, he feels the crumpled edges first and takes that card out. This technique did not work for me. I crumpled the edges of three cards.

A contest was running through our local Christian radio station. I entered. I had to tell, in 100 words or less, why I wanted to interview Casting Crowns and attend their concert for free. My entry was very creative and snappy, or so I thought. I was so sure that I won, that I went out and purchased both of their CD's so that I would be familiar with all of their songs and not sound stupid when I was conducting the interview. Pride comes before a fall...I didn't win.

Currently, I am submitting my name to win two i-phones, complete with 24 months of service. I submit my name almost every day so that my odds will increase. Since I am not MAC savvy, I will keep one only for the cool factor and allow my bigger kids to play with it often, and the other phone I will give to my brother who happens to be very MAC savvy. He would appreciate an i-phone I'm sure. I'll let you know if I win. I find out via email on the 24Th. Wish me luck - as if that works.

Comments

Sarah Markley said…
I never win anything either. Ever. Really. Never, not once. Sorry. I do hope you win an iphone!
Amy said…
Good luck! If you win, will we all get a phone call from your new phone?