Time to Read

I have a small piles of things that I need to read. A few magazines, a devotional, papers from school, mailers which interest me, and lists of lists. I feel lately that my world is spinning out of control and soon I will be engulfed in a mound of papers which need sorting and figuring. I make small stacks of pamphlets in my car that can be viewed while I am waiting for people or sitting at an extra long stop light. Too often I forget what has ended up in my car, or I never seem to find myself in front of an extra long stop light, unless of course, I happen to be in a hurry and, at those moments, I am usually applying mascara at the stop light and do not have time to read.

I'm considering waking up at 4:00 a.m. one day a week so that I can get through my reading pile. I know that some people are early risers and find that this is the best time to accomplish tasks. Personally I am a late bird. I prefer going to bed late as opposed to waking early. I have a better idea. I should schedule myself for a OBGYN and dentist appointment in the same week. I could bank on at least an hour wait for the OB and 20 minutes for the dentist. The problem lies in the fact that if I call today they probably would not have anything available until January, and by then, I would be buried alive in a deluge of papers and magazines that have accumulated between now and then.

Perhaps if I throw everything into the recycle bin, I won't miss anything. My paper problem would be solved and my mind can return from it's mush state. My lists would go unfinished and I would know nothing about the happenings at school for the next month. Things could be worse.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh I hate that feeling when everything catches up with you and then whamo! you're piled under! Good luck getting up early, I would struggle with that too!

By the way, I'm doing a giveaway at my blog, come and see!

God bless :)
Sarah Markley said…
You know the funny thing - I have a OBGYN appt and dentist this week. Funny - thanks for the idea of catching up on all my paperwork then!