Perfect Timing

I use a timer for nearly everything. If I need to be out the door in 40 minutes, I set the timer for 35 and check the countdown periodically as I as getting myself ready. If I told someone that I will call them back, I set the timer for 15 minutes which reminds me of what I needed to do. I set the timer for one hour when I am sitting at the computer writing so as not to get distracted with other chores needing my attention.

My kids are used to timer also. If they need to read a book for a report, I set the timer for twenty minutes. If we need to go someplace and they are engaged in some quality Lego play, I warn them of the ticking time and inform them that we need to leave when the timer rings.

At bed time the timer is used to let my people know that their ten minutes of television watching prior to books and prayers has limits guarded by the timer.

The timer is a great friend—especially when I am baking brownies. I just need to make sure I am listening for the beeping sound. Burnt brownies have no redeeming value - none.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh yeah, I use a timer for everything too. It's a life saver. But...mine is broken! Waaaah! Gotta get a new one.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
God bless :)