Loathing Lunges


On “The Biggest Loser” the other night the personal trainer mentioned the benefit of doing lunges. The one benefit which appealed to me was the fact that lunges help to reduce the appearance of unsightly cellulite. Since I have an invasion of the goo growing around the back side of my thighs I decided to give lunges a try.

After jogging my normal route I decided to lunge the length of one house, and then walk the next house, and so on down the street leading to my home. All in all I was going to lunge in front of four homes. Simple. I felt off balance at first but soon mastered the technique and felt the butt burn immediately.

By noon I could not walk properly. By 3:00 p.m. I could not bend to pick something up off of the ground. I limped around the house like an elderly woman riddled with arthritis while my husband chuckled. Today I can barely move and the children keep asking my what is wrong.

I’m taking a break from lunges. I hope that I recover. In a few days, when the pain subsides, I will try lunging again. Oh, may my cellulite disappear quickly. I don’t know how long I will be able to subject my body to lunges. Liposuction is so much easier, right? Too bad I do not have an extra three grand hanging around for a big dose of liposuction. Too bad. Lunges it is.

Comments

Amy said…
I'm inspired! I will lunge today, only in a more private location.

As for the liposuction, I had a consultation with the doctor in April of '06. Instead of scheduling the surgery, they told me I was 4 months pregnant! I won't be going back there... I might get pregnant again!
Amy said…
I should clarify--my consultation was with the lipo doctor!
Sarah Markley said…
Wow and ouch. Sorry; I've had those days, but actually not for awhile. Maybe I'm not working out hard enough. You know its bad when you can't even sit down on the toilet to go...=)
Amy said…
I lunged... in the shower! How's that for privacy?
Eleanor said…
I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be laughing (but your husband did, :D).
I need to get rid of this orange peel, no, this orange grove. But I'm not too sure what lunges are. (they can't be what that lady in the pic is doing, you wouldn't do that in a public road, albeit a residential one. Would you?) They sound like a snack around midday, but that can't be right. I think I need to google lunges to find out why you're hurting.
Often read your blog, usually understand it. Always laugh.
E