Honestly

I feel a bit guilty about the fact that I want to blink my eyes and have it be January. I enjoy Christmas and Thanksgiving, New Years and the rest, it’s the everything else that goes into the holidays that I want to avoid.

My children seem to be asking for everything they see on television, in magazines, and in the stores, when the truth is they NEED absolutely nothing. I would love to use the money spent on Christmas to go on a mini vacation—memory making experiences instead of “things.”

I would love to take them to the snow to sled and play and than cozy on a hotel couch near a fireplace housing three foot tall, warm, flames instead of buying toys that I will soon toss into a donation pile.

They NEED clothes, but opening presents on Christmas morning that are filled with clothes, in a child’s eyes, is down right wrong.

I NEED a better attitude. I NEED to embrace the true meaning of Christmas and not get boggled down with the commercialization. I NEED to view Christmas through the eyes of my children. I NEED to anticipate the holidays and the time we spend together. And, in case you are taking notes, I NEED a lap top computer.

Comments

Amy said…
Hi, Linda! Ever since you posted about lunges, I've been doing them from time to time. It is my goal that if I do no other exercise all day, I will lunge. Yesterday I did more lunges than usual, and today I HURT! I blame you! :P Oweee! May this result in slimmer buns very soon.