Oh Happy Day!

Leaping across the sidewalk like a wild gazelle left me breathless, so I stopped. I closed my eyes to savor the moment and take a long deep breath.

If I let my mind wander over to lists of "to-do's" and things that needed cleaning at home the beauty of the moment would vanish. I stole one last look, as I watched my LAST child line up for his first day of pre-school. After thirteen and a half years, I have all my children in school, but who is counting? ME!

Oh Happy day indeed. If I sit long enough I can hear the ants crawling because the silence is so apparent. I am not complaining. I am grinning from ear to ear.

I have exactly three and a half hours of peace. I relish the thought!

Comments

Melodee said…
Lucky you! By the time my daughter heads off to kindergarten, I will have been home with kids for 15 years. Ack!