Program Change

For the first time this year our preschool did away with "Daddy and Me" day. One year, with the same child, was sufficient for our youngest child, so the event went un-missed in our household.

My husband spends a great deal of time with the kids, so having a special day for he and our youngest wasn't something that my son was going to miss, although, I was going to miss the photos of the children shaving the Daddy with shaving cream, and popsicle sticks for razors.

Instituted last year was "Mommy and Me" day. I skirted by that one since every day is "Mommy and Me" day around here. I was surprised that the school had such a day, since the majority of the parents who drop off their children and pick them up in the afternoon are of the mommy variety. Mommas are with the children all the time, running errands, shopping, picking up other kids from school, and hanging out at home.

"Who decided to have a 'Mommy and Me' day? We didn't have it last year." I questioned my son's teacher.

"We felt like the mother's were going to feel left out with just a day for daddy and kids, so we added a day for moms and their children."

Really?

Needless to say, Daddy and me day had a record attendance last year, while Mommy and me day had fair attendance.

I love my children. I love spending time with my children.

I love "Daddy and Me" day much better than "Mommy and Me" day.

Call me crazy.

Comments